To Join Operations
Bend Water Light & Power Co. and Deschutes Power Co. Under Same Control
Coming to Central Oregon for the purpose of looking over the Deschutes Power company, property recently purchased subject to approval by stockholders, officials of Pacific Power & Light company arrived here this morning from Portland. Shortly after their arrival here they left for the Cove, accompanied by L. R. Sheeley, manager of the Bend Water, Light & Power Co., and Rhea Luper, state engineer. Luper arrived here this morning from Salem.
Members of the party of Pacific Power & Light company officials who came to Bend on this morning’s train are Lewis A. McArthur, general manager; George C. Sawyer, sales manager; J. H. Siegfried, superintendent of power, and R. J. Davidson, assistant engineer.
Immediately following the purchase of the Deschutes Power company by the Inland Power & Light company, subsidiary of Pacific Power & Light company, it was announced that the Central Oregon companies were to be operated as a unit. The Pacific Power and Light company is owner of the Bend Water, Light & Power company. The purchase of Deschutes Power company was part of a $1,850,000 deal in which the Inland Power & Light company became owner of the W. C. Sivyer interests in Eastern Oregon and Western Idaho.
The sale is subject to approval of stockholders and examination of title by purchaser by March 1.
Source: Bend Bulletin ©1926