The Mirror Pond Management Board (MPMB) was established by the Bend City Council in the Summer of 2009. It is an independent citizen advisory committee formed to advise the Mirror Pond Steering Committee (MPSC) and City Council on the project’s proceedings.
The MPMB facilitates citizen involvement on the Mirror Pond Sedimentation and Enhancement Project and reports progress and findings to the City Council.
The Board is also charged with reviewing the various recommended alternatives that will be developed for Mirror Pond as well as providing direction and assistance in fundraising.
The membership is comprised of various community stakeholders, including:
- Steve Johnson, Deschutes Basin Board of Control (DBBC)
- Tod Heisler, Deschutes River Conservancy (DRC)
- Chuck Arnold, Downtown Bend Business Association
- Leslie Olson, River West Neighborhood Association
- Don Horton, Bend Metro Parks and Recreation District
- Victor Chudowsky, Bend City Council
- Ryan Houston, Watershed Council
- Angela Price, Pacific Power
- Spencer Dahl, Old Bend Neighborhood Association
- Mike Olin, Citizen At-Large
- Patrick Oliver, City of Bend Planning Commission
- Reagan Desmond, Citizen At-Large
- Bill Smith, Colorado Street Dam Owner
- Bill Olsen, Citizen At-Large
- David Rosell, Chamber of Commerce
- Mel Oberst, City of Bend Staff
- Gina Dahl, City of Bend Staff
The Mirror Pond Management Team digs into the problem of silt buildup in Bend’s iconic Mirror Pond and looks at different ways to mitigate the changing environment.
For more information and for Management Board meeting materials, click here.